Friday, February 3, 2012

Ringing In The Weekend With Random Thoughts And Katherine Heigl

Ouch! I just got zapped by my stereo! And then my laptop! This new sweater-thingy I'm wearing is very staticky.


My new phone makes strange noises that don't seem to mean anything. I keep running over to it, expecting a new text message but I only get disappointed. 


On the writing front, I've really started in on a new story. I keep getting the very strong urge to start typing away at work - as in: I'm working in a spreadsheet on budget-stuff and instead of numbers there'll suddenly be words on the screen, poured there directly from my brain, it seems... which is kinda great, to be honest. Haven't been this inspired in ages. 


:-O There my cell went again!! *Paling-beep-beep* Somebody please translate....


Okay, now it's just messing with me. This time there was actually a new mail to be found. Sneaky phone, that. 


Have a nice weekend, everybody! Wear your Nanook-of-the-North outfits. You'll n-n-need them, at l-l-least in these p-p-parts. 






By the way, I wonder how Katherine Heigl weathers the cold and if she was wearing some cute jacket and hat. She's here, in my town, visiting her German relatives. There was a press conference in the town hall and everything. A couple of girls ditched school, sneaked in and got to ask her some questions. It was all over the radio. Unfair, really; In my school-days, when you played hooky you got in trouble (not that I ever did, of course). Today, kids ditch school, meet Katherine Heigl and become five-minute celebs themselves. 


And no, I'm not kidding. She really was here (not that I got to see her myself but celebrity visits are fun when they're in your hometown, so I want to share):


Ms. Heigl with our mayor, Mr. Zieger.

No comments:

Post a Comment