Tuesday, December 21, 2010

In It For The Long Wait

Well, that was easy enough. In response to my email about being unable to grant her an exclusive at this time (see previous post), Ms. Agent #2 asked me to send it anyway, so long as I let her know when/if I receive an offer, and not to make a decision until I do so. 


I agreed, of course, and sent her the first three chapters immediately. Now all that's left for me to do is wait. Good thing I have my master thesis and my next work-in-progress to keep me occupied, or else I'd probably chew my nails down to the quick. 


On another note, both agents 'passed' the Preditors and Editors check with flying colors. I did some research on them before I queried them, of course, and they seem reputable and trustworthy. P&E is a great site for confirming that impression. Unfortunately, it seems P&E is currently being sued, though it isn't specified on the site what exactly for, just that somebody wasn't happy about P&E giving out information they'd prefer to keep hidden from writers. Theoretically, that can only be one of the preditors, right? But you never know. There are, after all, a lot of shades of gray between black and white, and I definitely can't claim to know what's going on there. So I'll just say that I hope P&E will not have to close down as a result of this prosecution.



No comments:

Post a Comment