Monday, November 15, 2010

Multi-Book Deals & Keeping Your Series Fresh

Interesting post by Alan Rinzler, on multi-book deals and how to keep your protagonist interesting to readers throughout a series.

Theoretically, the ms I'm shopping around right now could easily be made into a series. Except, for now, I'm sucked dry concerning that world. I've started on something else, something new and exciting in which the possibilities seem endless and I'm giddy with anticipation of my next words - that New World syndrome, I guess. Maybe, at some point, I'll go back to the Old World and enjoy it again.

At the moment, I'm not sure what I'd do, if I'd get offered a multi-book contract for the 'Old World' book.
Getting a contract: Huzzah!
Having to write more in the Old World: Meh!

Just spitballing here, of course; I'm not actually worried about this. Just going through all the possibilities. Dreaming.
;-)





Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don't resist them - that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like. 

Life is a series of experiences, each one of which makes us bigger, even though sometimes it is hard to realize this. For the world was built to develop character, and we must learn that the setbacks and grieves which we endure help us in our marching onward. 

No comments:

Post a Comment