Tuesday, October 19, 2010

New Idea(s)

Cool. I already have a new story idea... actually, it's been sloshing around my mind for a while, but now I made some notes about it, which helped nail down a few things and opened up a whole new slew of opportunities. 

Coincidentally, Allison Winn Scott published a post on her blog just today called The Big Idea, in which she outlines how she comes up with her ideas. Its very similar to what I do; I have a main theme in mind, something that f.e. defines the world setting, which will make me think of the ramifications on the people living in this world - who might be problem maker/s (i.e. the baddie/s) and who the problem solver/s (i.e. the hero/es). Then I write the first chapter(s). 

I know if it's got potential to be more than just another beginning saved up on my computer, when my fingers can't keep up with the ideas, and the first two to three chapters more or less write themselves. I don't know yet if that's the case with this idea, but it's been nudging at me to be explored for a while now, so I'm going to give it a whirl and see where it takes me. 

In other news, Ilona Andrews crack me up! They love their readers, which shows in blog-post-tidbits such as this. I read this in the wee hours of this morning, and woke up my flatmates with my laughing donkey-impressions - they think I've finally gone bye-bye.

At the moment I'm waiting for our landlord and the heater-guy to arrive and make a cost estimation, so that hopefully our heating will be working again by the end of this week. It's 15°C in here now, and ever dropping.


Freezing your butt off...

No comments:

Post a Comment