Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Form letters

Well. You learn something new every day.

Today I received rejection # 5. And realized only now what is meant with a ‘form letter’ (I feel so DOH-worthy – only the smack to the head’s missing). Namely the same pre-written letter sent out to all rejected authors.

Which is fine, except it got me thinking about the other rejections I’ve received. The ones I blogged about in a previous post. I’m wondering if those particular ones were form letters, too?

They were only rejections to queries, of course, so no way for the agent to be specific. But the way they were worded led me to believe that those agents didn’t just send me a form letter. Now I’m not so sure.

Not that it really matters. When/if I start receiving form letter rejections as a response to my manuscript, then I’ll start worrying. At least now I might be able to tell the difference.





No comments:

Post a Comment